Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

Discuss SFF films, TV series, games, comics, and other media here.
IMPORTANT: Please use the relevant topic prefix tag (or tags). You can find them in the editor by clicking the list symbol to the left of the subject line.
By ultamentkiller

I'm so excited for this! I haven't been excited about anything Marvel since End Game, which was a huge let down for me. But I love Deadpool and I think they're going to do some cool things with him and the Marvel universe.
What do you think? Are you excited? Not interested at all? Have you seen the previous Deadpool films?
Let's discuss it!
By JMack
I just saw the first trailer last night. Yes, I’m pretty interested. I haven’t gone to a Marvel at the theater in a while. This one? Very likely.
ultamentkiller liked this
By Magnus
Yeah, probably the one film that can make me hand over money to Disney at this point!
By cherie
I love Deadpool, have the first two on bluray, but I'll have to wait until it's released on disc as well, as I can't sit that long in cinema seats any more. :(
By Lanko
I've never been into the superhero hype of the last decade that is still going on, and I was quite an avid comic reader before... never even watched the Thanos arc and other spinoffs... I'm completely out of the loop.

But damn if this trailer isn't nuts. Even I got interested.
By ultamentkiller
Lanko wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:09 I've never been into the superhero hype of the last decade that is still going on, and I was quite an avid comic reader before... never even watched the Thanos arc and other spinoffs... I'm completely out of the loop.

Highly recommend the first two. You don't have to know anything about Marvel because they're totally disconnected. Deadpool 3 will be the first one connected with the rest of the universe, I think.
By Elfy
ultamentkiller wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 01:56
Lanko wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:09 I've never been into the superhero hype of the last decade that is still going on, and I was quite an avid comic reader before... never even watched the Thanos arc and other spinoffs... I'm completely out of the loop.

Highly recommend the first two. You don't have to know anything about Marvel because they're totally disconnected. Deadpool 3 will be the first one connected with the rest of the universe, I think.
Until fairly recently, Deadpool was part of the XVerse, which wasn't owned by Disney, which is why it didn't mention the rest of the MCU.