Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By Henry Dale
Unsure how difficult this is to implement in this board, but would it be possible to add arrows that put you at the first or last page in a thread?

I know we already have the opportunity to move one page at the time and go to specific page numbers but I feel I'm missing this functionality from the previous/other forum(s).

Thanks!
By Magnus
That is indeed a useful function! My coding skills aren't quite to the point where that's an easy fix, although from what I do know it shouldn't be TOO complicated. But it's not something I'll be able to implement yet. I will put it on my list, however!

(My list is long. Very long. :grimacing: )
Henry Dale liked this
By Magnus
Actually, let's wait until we have some threads with enough pages that they don't all fit into the pagination bar. It might be the style already features that function, but it only activates then. So far, even on our longest topics every page is still individually clickable.
Henry Dale liked this
By Magnus
When a topic hits 7 pages, you can click the [x of y] in the pagination bar and enter any page. It also looks like it always shows the first and last page, meaning you can always reach them (even if it's not by using arrows). So I would say the necessary functionality is there

(However, there are some theme issues I need to sort with it, as it doesn't activate the hover effect properly and the popup is in light theme.)
Henry Dale liked this
By DrNefario
The theme doesn't do a great job of showing which page you are actually on, either. The current page number doesn't look any different to the other pages.
By Magnus
DrNefario wrote: February 15th, 2024, 12:16 The theme doesn't do a great job of showing which page you are actually on, either. The current page number doesn't look any different to the other pages.
That may be my mistake. I should be able to fix it so it highlights the active one.
Henry Dale liked this