Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By Peat
Am I the only person who finds they keep coming back to find they've been logged out? Happens to me about once a week
By DragonFlame
Not alone,Peat, it happens often, but as soon as I press Name my own appears. I press that and am automatically logged in, without going to Password.
You have to press keepme logged in button first before Name, because once Name pressed in it happens fast
Last edited by DragonFlame on May 4th, 2024, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
By lejays17
I’m having the same issue - and what really annoyed me was that I lost my April reading post as it logged my out as I was writing it.

I’d like it to be fixed so it doesn’t keep happening.
DragonFlame liked this
By DragonFlame
lejays17 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 22:41 I’m having the same issue - and what really annoyed me was that I lost my April reading post as it logged my out as I was writing it.

I’d like it to be fixed so it doesn’t keep happening.
That may explain why I sometimes lose posts I think I have submitted, have blamed myself because had made some error
By Elfy
I get it, too, but weirdly only on my iPad. Phone doesn’t do it, neither does my laptop, and they’re all Apple products.
By ScarletBea
And I only get it on my laptop, not the phone.
I'll try that 'press name' thing...

By the way, I've noticed a "save draft" option when you're writing posts - I've just tried it.
You click there, it saves, and then when you go back to that thread there's an option to "load draft". The reply box looks empty but the draft appears at the top, and when you click there, the message is back.
It might be useful for longer posts.

@Magnus , could you please investigate? I remember when I raised this issue you told me it was to due with cookies, but I don't think so, due to never happening in other sites and everyone having some form of this issue now.
DragonFlame liked this
By cupiscent
Oh gosh. I find that I have to log in quite often when I come to the site, even though I always press the "stay logged in" button, but I've never had it log me out while I'm using it!
By ScarletBea
cupiscent wrote: May 4th, 2024, 10:48 Oh gosh. I find that I have to log in quite often when I come to the site, even though I always press the "stay logged in" button, but I've never had it log me out while I'm using it!
I think that's what we mean - only lejays and DragonFlame reported the automatic logout
By Magnus
Hm, it shouldn't happen that often. I think the timeout is set to something like two months. Make sure you accept cookies from the site. I'll have a look at the settings.
By Magnus
It's set to infinite, so that shouldn't be the issue. I've found I need to login every few weeks, though. That may have to do with cookie settings or some security feature related to Cloudflare. But if you have to log in every time, there's something wrong. Make sure you are accepting cookies from fantasyandbeyond.net, and maybe also try clearing your cookies for the site.