Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By DragonFlame
Just feel I should mention that if you 'Like' a post you have already 'Liked' previously it cancels out.
You may have even got a message that 'A Like has been removed from your post by DragonFlame'.

Quelle horreur, that was not intentional. :o
If so deep apologies.
Have been scattering 'Likes ' everywhere I see old friends appear and also for the usual reasons such as 'Agree'. Unfortunately I neglected to check the list underneath, so some may have disappeared. :ohmy: :eyeroll:

Mea Culpa, I will try to do better in future and am gradually learning the practical bits.
;) :happy:
ScarletBea liked this
By Magnus
Also a little bit my fault. The extension that adds the ability to like posts originally had little popup messages informing you that you had liked or unliked something. But they were very annoying as you had to dismiss them each time. And I'm not yet skilled enough to remove them selectively, so I removed them all.
By DragonFlame
No fault at all, we're just learning how to navigate around the Forum, there is much to practice.
Magnus, you are caretaker of the whole edifice, brick on brick :happy: a lot to sort out as we go along.
Personally glad you got rid of the popups anyway.
Magnus liked this
By ScarletBea
I'm still also learning stuff - see my comment on quoting posts on the Welcome thread, haha
By Peat
Magnus wrote: February 5th, 2024, 06:39 Also a little bit my fault. The extension that adds the ability to like posts originally had little popup messages informing you that you had liked or unliked something. But they were very annoying as you had to dismiss them each time. And I'm not yet skilled enough to remove them selectively, so I removed them all.
Is it possible to get the button to change to saying 'Liked' if you have already liked a post?
Henry Dale, Magnus liked this
By Magnus
It probably is, but I can't do it. I'll ask the creators of the extension, since it seems a sensible feature. But they haven't been great at making additions/changes I've asked for so far, so I don't expect much.

You can always just click it and see if it goes up or down, or you can check the tag at the bottom right of the post for your name.

Question to @Peat: how many notifications did you get about my interactions with your above post? I liked it, removed the like, then liked it again. I think/hope you would only get the 1 notification. If that's the case, then the first method isn't too bad.
By Peat
Magnus wrote: April 6th, 2024, 08:46 It probably is, but I can't do it. I'll ask the creators of the extension, since it seems a sensible feature. But they haven't been great at making additions/changes I've asked for so far, so I don't expect much.

You can always just click it and see if it goes up or down, or you can check the tag at the bottom right of the post for your name.

Question to @Peat: how many notifications did you get about my interactions with your above post? I liked it, removed the like, then liked it again. I think/hope you would only get the 1 notification. If that's the case, then the first method isn't too bad.
I got four notifications from you for that post above