Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

Discuss SFF films, TV series, games, comics, and other media here.
IMPORTANT: Please use the relevant topic prefix tag (or tags). You can find them in the editor by clicking the list symbol to the left of the subject line.
By JMack
Maybe my favorite series of books in the last five years, Murderbot is coming to AppleTV, which is my main squeeze streaming service already. If you haven’t read MB, run, do not walk to your phone and order every book from Amazon no matter the cost.

Alexander Skarsgaard as MB. Nuff said. Can’t wait.
By cupiscent
JMack wrote:Maybe my favorite series of books in the last five years, Murderbot is coming to AppleTV, which is my main squeeze streaming service already. If you haven’t read MB, run, do not walk to your phone and order every book from Amazon no matter the cost.

Alexander Skarsgaard as MB. Nuff said. Can’t wait.
I mean... you could also check your library. Mine has them all. :beaming:

I like ASkars as Murderbot, because he does impassive and menacing so well, but definitely also has great emotional range. However, I would have been really excited to get someone a little more gender-neutral in there. I don't have a specific suggestion (I feel Gwen Christie is getting typecast but also I don't think she does impassive that well, she's just too expressive!) but I do think it's a little bit of a missed opportunity there. But I have no doubt Skarsgaard will do great work, and I'm very interested in seeing how they go about adapting such an internal-monologue story to a visual medium.
By Magnus
This is definitely interesting, though I will reserve hype-level excitement. It could go very wrong, for reasons stated above. Translating it into a TV series that conveys something similar to the books is a big challenge!

And as much as I like Alexander Skarsgård, I am not thrilled that they are casting him as Murderbot. But he's a skilled actor, so maybe he will surprise me!