Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By Arun-Bender
Mod: I split this into its own topic as it wasn't related to the changelist thread. /Magnus

The homepage thread shows when the creator and when. Created details rather than latest posted/poster details.

This means it's not visible from homepage if it has replies recently. Also may give a feeling of dated thread as recent activity is not visible.
By Magnus
Arun-Bender wrote:The homepage thread shows when the creator and when. Created details rather than latest posted/poster details.

This means it's not visible from homepage if it has replies recently. Also may give a feeling of dated thread as recent activity is not visible.
I am finding it difficult to understand what you mean. If you mean the "Last post" feature on the index page, then it shows the most recent post from that forum.
By cherie
I get it. If you're browsing the various sections of the forum, each topic only shows who started it and when; there is no reference to when it was last active, or how many posts it contains.

Also, the default sort order also looks to be the creation date, so once they're are more topics, there would be a danger that popular threads will get buried. Not everyone would use the 'new posts', or 'recent posts' shortcuts to be able to find them.
By ScarletBea
The folder symbol nexts to the section/then topic turns yellow when there are new replies and the sort order is latest post, on my screen.
I wonder if the sort order is a setting that you can change?
Let me check

Edit: the sort order seems to be ok, so not sure about that

As for the 'last post' info, I see, it's on a phone. The main view is just what a laptop shows on the first column.
I've just checked, and if you click on the + sign next to it, it then shows the other columns, with number of replies and last post (who and when).
By Magnus
I understand now, it's about when browsing a forum (so not the main home page, but for example if you click 'Announcements'). Each thread then only says when it was started, not when it was updated. I will look into that. But I think that is not an easy fix.

The are listed in the order they were last updated, however. (Except sticky topics are always on top, marked with a pin symbol instead of a folder.)
By Magnus
Hm, wait. I don't understand anymore. The information about the last post is always available. Like Bea says, on mobile you have to click the PLUS icon.