Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

Discuss SFF books and authors here.
By Eclipse
Big fan of T Kingfisher

I've Really connected with her stories.

So far I've read six so I got some more to go in her catalog of books.

I've been reading the fun romance Paladin books and the ones with the Fae in them.

Obviously Fae and romance is now my thing. ..

That reminds me I need to read Ten thousand Stitches after this or Emily wilde' map of the Other lands

Or I might try A Market of Dreams and Destiny.

I'm off to visit various goblin markets now, wish me well as I didn't get to see one in Notorious Sorcerer 😆 I was cruelly teased one in that book
xiagan liked this
By Elfy
While they fall into the Urban Fantasy genre, Seanan McGuire's October Daye books are largely a fae romance.
By Peat
I'm pretty sure this Sarah J Maas' wheelhouse.

When you say romance, do you mean straight up romance or romantasy, or are more standard fantasy books with a heavy emphasis on love stories also of interest?
By lejays17
Okay, these are a favoured sub-genre of mine :)

As @Elfy said, October Daye series by Seanan McGuire.
Tam Lin - Pamela Dean

Olivia Atwood (3 books)
Sarah J Maas (ACTOAR series is more Fae related, but Throne of Glass series also has Fae & romance)

Emily Wilde’s Otherland duo by Heather Fawcett (more due ).

Holly Black - Valiant / Tithe / Ironside series

Katherine Harbour - Night or Nothing series (3 books)

Emma Newman - Split World Series (5 books)

If fairy-tales count as Fae
Jessica Day George (YA books)
Shannon Hale - Books of Bayern

(Just a quick scroll thru our LibraryThing account - which makes me realise there’s a lot not in there…)
Elfy liked this
By ScarletBea
Have you read Under the pendulum sun by Jeanette Ng?
It's not really romance but it's got Fae in it.
I'm asking because it's currently on the floor ready to be taken to the charity shop, as I didn't like it much, and if you'd really like it I could send it to you (or give it, next time we meet).
By lejays17
@ScarletBea,
ScarletBea wrote:Have you read Under the pendulum sun by Jeanette Ng?
It's not really romance but it's got Fae in it.
I'm asking because it's currently on the floor ready to be taken to the charity shop, as I didn't like it much, and if you'd really like it I could send it to you (or give it, next time we meet).
I really didn’t like this one by the end, so it is destined for one of the local Little Free libraries, once I did it out of the teetering pile.
I enjoyed the depiction of Fae, but really didn’t enjoy the ending.