Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By Magnus
JMack wrote:Other than mad appreciation for all the work you’ve done and are doing? 8)
Heheh, thank you! I'm very glad to have made this space for people to enjoy!

But you should all know that I am happy to hear criticisms as well because they will let me improve things. :) As @ScarletBea may have realised, when I get my teeth into a project, I may get a tiny bit perfectionist about it. :rofl:
ScarletBea liked this
By ScarletBea
Magnus wrote: As @ScarletBea may have realised, when I get my teeth into a project, I may get a tiny bit perfectionist about it. :rofl:
Just a tiny :lol:

But now that we're up and running, you can be perfectionist to your heart's content!
By DragonFlame
Re recent update info

Please can you explain to the non Techy proficient here, exactly what profile fields for Facebook, XTwitter and possibly Bluesky, means in practical terms?
Does it,for example, mean their users gain access to the forum discussions, without being Members, through links? Or does it mean having direct links for comments etc, from them to be imported into the forum? Or our comments being exported by quotes into their systems?
By Magnus
None of that, no; it's not an integration with those sites. It just means there are profile fields where F&B members can enter their FB/Twitter info. Doing so adds a link to the relevant social media profile to their F&B profile—nothing more.

I would never add such integration as you describe, as it goes against the entire purpose of these forums: to create a nice, quiet space away from all of that hot air. :grimacing:
DragonFlame liked this