Fantasy & Beyond

A Book Forum for Speculative Fiction

If you have a question, problem, or a suggestion that concerns the F&B forums, this is the place to go!
IMPORTANT: Please check the Help Section and Known issues & already suggested thread before posting. Thank you!
By Hedin
I see we have signature options but is there is a way we can set our own titles? For example I could be:

Hedin
Oxford Comma Enthusiast

Maybe those are called tags instead of titles?
By Magnus
In phpBB they are called 'ranks'. You cannot set them yourself at this time. I set it like that because I believe was the case at FF. We haven't really discussed how to use this feature. I think at FF, @ScarletBea or some other mod were the ones giving people titles they found appropriate? At least, that's how I got mine, which was something like: 'High lord of commas and master of semicolons.' I suppose that means I outrank you. :lol:

We can talk it over and decide how we want to do it here; we're open to suggestions!

(Ok that one was superfluous, but I couldn't resist it.)
By ScarletBea
Yeah, there was a time when we could change that back in FF, then I think it was one of the things that got broken first. It was fun :beaming:

It was based on requests and suggestions, yes, the mods didn't decide everything, haha
By Hedin
ScarletBea wrote: February 14th, 2024, 09:48 Yeah, there was a time when we could change that back in FF, then I think it was one of the things that got broken first. It was fun :beaming:

It was based on requests and suggestions, yes, the mods didn't decide everything, haha
Wasn't there some sort of point earning system (I do not recall how the points were earned) where you could set your own title/tag but also change it for others?
By xiagan
There were two types of titles/ranks. The first one was based on post count and we used professions/titles from fantasy stories like Auror, Master Namer or Big Wee Hag.
The second was individual and set by us mods. I think I set yours, Magnus. ;)
Magnus liked this